Tuesday, May 19, 2015

diy reusable cotton face pads


This past earth month I made a new discovery... reusable cotton face pads! I love the idea considering I use at least 2 a day for toner, and sometimes 3 a day if I use it for make-up remover. But at $22 for 8... um, sorry earth! So what's the next best thing... diy cotton face pads!


supplies needed:
super soft baby flannel
pinking shears 
pins (optional)
sewing machine (optional)

1. cut a piece of fabric that is at least 5" wide, and as long as you want (depending on how many you want, each pad will be approximately 2.5"x2")
2. fold the fabric, wrong sides together (so that the 5" becomes 2.5") 
3. using your pinking shears, begin making rectangles every 2"

At this point you could just have a 5"x2" strip of fabric that you fold in half when using with your toner or makeup remover, or you can continue with an extra step (or 2)

4. with my fabric still folded, I added a pin near each fold and then added a stitch back and forth with my sewing machine.

I have been using these everyday for almost 2 weeks and love that I am saving so much cotton from being thrown away. Now if only I could get on board with reusable cotton "pads"... anyone?!

follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // Feedly // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment