Tuesday, April 28, 2015

travel pouches for a baby and preschooler


Last month we were lucky enough to take a nice family trip to Maui. As excited as I was about the trip, I was also a tiny buy worried about how my 9 month old and almost 6 year old would do on a plane. I searched a bit for things to keep kids busy while traveling but the big challenge for me was that as much as I wanted to put something together for each of them, I didn't want to go overboard. I didn't want to take little games that had a bunch of pieces or toys that made annoying noises or anything that would get my kids "too" excited. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible, yet give them something to look forward to. 



I found these adorable little pouches at Daiso for $1.50, they couldn't have been more perfect... with the words "Have Fun" printed on the front. And this is what I put in them:


For my 9 month old baby:
teething toys
wrist rattle
plastic bear that moves it's arms when you push the tummy (Daiso)
fake phone that makes very little noise (Dollar Tree)
snacks
and leg warmers (BabyLeggings.com)



For my 6 year old son:
Giant activity book (Dollar Tree)
Pedometer, for our Maui hikes (Daiso)
Book with Game (from a Happy Meal a few months ago that he never opened)
snacks
pencil, crayons and blank paper so he can practice writing

So did the kids love them you ask?! Well Our little princess is like any little baby who loves a new toy for about 5 whole minutes. The snacks were probably her most favorite thing and kept her quite the longest. And Babe was initially very excited about everything in his pouch but was much more interested in the plane blankets, free juice and watching movies. 

Which just goes to show you how different kids are and you might not need to worry about "things to keep your kids entertained while traveling", but I would take a backup... just in case.

follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // Feedly // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment