Sunday, December 7, 2014

citrus lane, great gift for kids

This past summer while I was on Maternity leave I became a "little" obsessed with on-line shopping. I never cared for it before because I didn't understand how people could buy something without physically holding it or trying it on first. But then I realized how convenient it is when you have a newborn and don't have time to take a shower, let alone go shopping. So on-line shopping is amazing! 
 
One of my purchases came from Citrus Lane. If you haven't heard of Citrus Lane it's a monthly subscription box for kids. I decided to try it out when they were offering the 1st box for $7. I was so excited to sign up our baby girl... a birchbox for babies, um yup! 

They have 4 different options: monthly, 3 months, 6 months and 12 months... ranging from $29 to $22 a month. I have to say that I was actually impressed with the first box.


The variety in the box is great, we got a lotion, paper owl mobile, glass containers and how cute is the skip hop chime ball. They also included a discount for care.com, which I probably won't take advantage of but should, because I could use a date night you know.

There are 2 things I'm not too crazy about though... 1. as much as I like the box we got, I'm not sure it's worth $29 a month (cheaper if you are on a longer subscription)! plus... 2. tax! I like that my birchbox is a flat $10... no tax.

With that being said though, I think this is a great gift option. Once you sign up, you can skip a month, (or 3) and then order a box when you want. I have skipped every month since receiving the first box but decided to get one for our little princess for Christmas. I probably won't order another one until her birthday. 


What do you think about kid subscription boxes and is there a better one that I should try?

follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // Feedly // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment