Friday, June 21, 2013

stress free weekend ahead

I feel like I go through waves with feeling so overwhelmed and exhausted, whether at home or at work, or worse... both. The past 2 weeks it has been both.

Work is always stressful, but I have been taking on more responsibility and therefore have been a little more busier than usual, taking phone calls I normally wouldn't, answering emails, and taking the lead on extra meetings. Don't get me wrong, I love it. I love that I am being trusted with these responsibilities that will one day lead to me being in a position I have been wanting to be in for years.

But then after all of that, all day, I come home to this:
babe is playing in the backyard and runs to the side gate when he hears me pull up, I try to say hi but he immediately runs off, so I go inside but then I hear him crying and screaming because he wants to say hi to me "through the gate". After I convince him to come in to say hi (15 min.s later), we then begin a back and forth of "I want milk", "did you eat dinner", "I DON'T want dinner, I WANT milk!", "ok, well you need to eat dinner". And this goes on for another 15-30 min.s. And THEN we have a back and forth about his toys that are scattered all over the living room. It drives me crazy, I don't know what to do. I try to stay as calm and as patient as possible (which if you saw my 3 worst traits post, you know patience is not easy for me)... have you ever tried reasoning with a 4 year old?! Impossible!

I'm exhausted, super exhausted. I need want a drink ... I want to sleep in until 9:00am ... I don't want to have a care in the world. I'm hoping this weekend will bring just that. The boys are gone for a few days and other than a birthday party on Saturday, I have no plans. I'm SO looking forward to some stress free time.

Plus... it's officially Summer! What better way to start my stress free weekend right!
And if you are looking for some summer inspiration or want to share some summer inspiration make sure to check out Life Unpublished next Wed. (June 26) for an awesome inspiration linkup... the topic, "Summer Love", suggested by me! I'm excited and hope some of you will linkup as well.

Hope you all have a great weekend!
 
follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment