Monday, May 20, 2013

maintaining healthiness

I'm not a huge health nut by no means at all, I mean... I JUST wrote my top 10 list of things that make me happy and french fries and pepsi were 2 of them. One of my favorite things to do is exercise, but this was definitely not always the case. One thing I learned in my mid twenties (probably after all the French fries I ate) is that I really have to work at maintaining my weight, if I slack off, I can tell in a few weeks. So this was me in April, big time slacker and I have been trying really hard to get back on track this month. As kind of a new year resolution my husband and I had made it point to eat a salad for one meal "every day" and we had been doing really good but even that got off track last month.

Last week I saw this super delicious looking recipe posted on Sami's Shenanigans. Not a salad, but Spinach Lasagna ... and I couldn't wait to try it. It's a super easy recipe and also very delicious.

I made a few changes because I didn't want it to be too boring... instead of plain tomato sauce I used an Italian Herb pasta sauce and I didn't skimp on the Mozzarella.

I plan on starting up my running again on Mon. Wed. and Fri. and I should really look into that 10k I need to complete as part of my new year resolution. Then again, maybe I can just get away with the squat challenge I saw that Kenzie is doing. Definitely starting that TODAY, let's see how long I last.

follow along: Bloglovin // Facebook // G+ // RSS // Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment