Tuesday, March 26, 2013

breakfast and a dessert

Breakfast: For my next Pinterest Challenge I wanted to make Baked Egg Cups. If you have not seen these, or tried these, you absolutely MUST make them. They are so simple, easy and fast to make. The recipe calls for scallions but I don't usually have scallions so I used mini sweet peppers and tomato's as my topping's instead. I seriously want to make these every weekend.


Dessert:This was not part of my Pinterest Challenge but this is a food post, so here we go. If you know me, you might know I'm not a fan of cheesecake. But on Valentine's Day I tried the BEST cheesecake ever from Pure Cheesecakes. If you live in Los Angeles and love a good cheesecake, you have to try these ones. So since then I have been wanting to make one myself. I found a No Bake Cheesecake recipe through Pinterest and knew it had to be my first attempt. My husband warned though that homemade cheesecakes are never as good. I have to say... I LOVED it. But my husband said the texture was not as dense (it was very fluffy, which might be why I loved it so much). The only thing I did different from this recipe was reduce the lemon zest to 1 whole lemon, instead of 2.



What recipe's have you found, and tried, through Pinterest?

3 comments:

  1. Those baked egg cups looks so good! I think I am going to try them ASAP! I love breakfast food:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those baked egg cups look so good and healthy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those egg and ham cups have been on my list! i ususally make egg cups wit a pillsbury roll in the bottom of a muffin pan for my husband who is in the military and has t be out of the house early. they are quick to heat up and fairly healthy. i want to try using the ham as a cup though. yours look so cute!

    ReplyDelete