Wednesday, March 13, 2013

a dress... to a top

I mentioned in my previous post how I was sick all weekend and I haven't really gotten better, but even though I have had a cold I have still been getting ready everyday as if I were going out in public. So this is me on a Monday, sick and trying to look half decent.
The good thing about staying home sick on Monday was that I had the opportunity to finish my 2nd Pinterest Challenge. (my 1st was a DIY Doily Dreamcatcher that you can see here). For this challenge I wanted to change the back of one of my tops to look like this, but when it came down to it, I didn't have a shirt that I was willing to refashion.  So I remembered I had this dress that I haven't worn in like 2 years and decided it would be perfect because I could use the bottom of the dress as the ties.
I'm pretty happy with the end result and really want to try it again with more of a flowy fabric.

linking up with the pleated poppy


9 comments:

  1. You are so talented Sarah! I love this =) And by looking at the photos, I would never have known that you weren't feeling well!!

    Happy Wednesday =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an AWESOME job!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we are so in sync today girl! we could put your shirt with my skirt! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look adorable!! I love your hats! :) And impressive work!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so impressed! It looks great. I don't think I would have the guts to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice work! I`m always looking for new ways of re-designing my clothes, so thanks!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so impressed with your sewing skills! What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This came out so nice, i love it!

    ReplyDelete