Saturday, October 6, 2012

Me Time

I have to say that I feel bad wanting "me time", especially since I'm away from home all day ... but being at work definitely doesn't count. Sometimes I'm satisfied with the time I'm alone in my car but most of the time, that doesn't count either because I'm just wishing I was driving at a speed faster than a Bicyclist.
Some of the things I like to do during "me time":
Go to the store. We do about 75% of our shopping at Target, they have everything there! So when we are low on toilet paper or milk, whatever, I'm all for volunteering to "run to the store" to get it. But don't be surprised if I'm not back in less than 2 hours.
Cleaning. Weird as it may sound, Yes, I  prefer to clean when no one is home. For 2 reason's: 1. it's hard trying to clean with a 3 year old asking "where are you taking my cars" and "why are you making my bed". 2. My husband tends to want to "help". If you know me, you know I'm a little bit of a control freak when it comes to organizing stuff. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against him helping around the house AT ALL , he actually does quite allot around here (especially dishes and laundry, thank you!) but what I don't like is when he waits till I'm about to do it first. So I'd rather do the cleaning when no one is around. and if time permits ...
Watch DVR. Gossip Girl and Vampire Diaries ... my t.v. weakness's
Paint my nails. Again, 3 year old. I usually have to wait until 1 hour before bed to paint my nails and even then I need to sleep with my hands crossed on my chest and hope I don't roll over or place my hands under my pillow (like I normally do) to avoid smudging. So it's nice to be able to take my time.
And what's the BEST me time? oh when I can do ALL of these things on my list. Every few months or so I get a whole day or even more than 24 hours by myself. And so was the case today.
So first I did my nails while getting caught up with some VP Diaries
Then I found this paper skeleton while I was cleaning
And of course my shopping trip is not complete without an iced drink of some sort
 
Now I'm off for a girl's night out!

No comments:

Post a Comment