Thursday, October 18, 2012

Being Responsible

This morning I left my house for work at 6:30. It was a really nice 68 degrees and still pretty dark outside. The streets were not too busy yet and I felt so relaxed. As I got on the freeway, I immediately started thinking about all the things I needed to do once I got to work. Suddenly, I wanted to get off the freeway and head back home or enjoy a day of shopping or something FUN, Anything, but waste this entire beautiful day in a cubicle! But I didn't, I kept driving towards my job. Have you ever felt like you just don't want to be a responsible adult? Avoid the mandatory tasks? Like working and cooking and cleaning. I definitely have my days, and today is one of those days. Maybe because I know I have a million things that need to be done.
There was a time when I was extremely irresponsible. In my early twenties I didn't have a care in the world. I had a good job and my rent was super cheap (yeah, living with my grandma was easy. Love Her). My cousin and I would eat out all the time, shop whenever we wanted to and even ditch work just to go see a movie. We didn't do it ALL the time but definitely enough times to call myself irresponsible. Those days were SO much fun and we love reminiscing about them. But everyone HAS to grow up.
Now  I have a family that I need to take care of, two other humans that are counting on ME to be responsible. And so every morning I will get up and come to work and just try to make the best of it, because even though I'm sometimes wishing I was somewhere else or doing something else, I know this is where I am meant to be.

PLUS, someone brought in a bucket of Red Vines today at work. I'm not a huge fan of candy BUT I'm a sucker for some freshly opened Red Vines!

No comments:

Post a Comment