Friday, September 28, 2012

Confession time: I have a Blog

I want to give a big shout out to all my friends and family that are reading this right now because until today, I haven't actually told anyone about this Blog. Not my husband, my mom, or even my best friend. The only people who really know are other bloggers who may have been so nice to stop by (and even leave a comment or two) and my Fall Friendship Swap partner (who you will hear more about in a few weeks here).

I honestly feel like I jumped on the Blog-wagon a little late. It's something that I have been interested in for at least a year and a half now but just kept putting it off.

One of the reasons being that most Blogs (that I read anyway) have a theme to them: Fashion/Style, DIYs, Photography, Cooking....and so on. But I feel like I can't put my focus on just ONE subject and it's good to know that I'm not alone based on this post a few weeks ago. It took Dana a year to define what her Blog is about and hopefully people will still want to read mine, even if it is "Random".

Another reason I put it off was because I wanted to make sure I was able to put in the effort to make this Blog worth reading. Working full time and then coming home to a family sounds like there is no more time left in the day for me to commit to a Blog, but over the last 2 months I have been really happy with the content I have been producing and hope to continue in the same direction.

The most difficult thing I have had a problem with is the Design of the Blog. I really want to try to do as much as I can to make it look appealing to a reader but all these codes and the HTML and URL language stuff is just so foreign to me. This has been the biggest time sucker so far, and now my husband knows why I have been on the computer for hours at a time, which is SO not like me.

So now you all know what I have been up to lately and I hope you will continue to come back often to visit, please leave a comment if you do! (obviously you don't have to, but I'd love it)

You can subscribe "wink wink" over on the side where it says "Subscribe in a Reader" or "Follow by Email" , I would greatly appreciate it. And if you are really into Blogs you can set up an account on Bloglovin and follow me that way (also located on the side there).
Oh and please excuse the constant change of the "look" here, I think I have been changing something once a week but I will get it right one day.

Thanks so much for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. You make me proud to call you my daughter-in-law. Not only are you smart but beautiful as well, inside & out.

    Your other Mama,
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So Sweet! Thank you Rosie. I hope you enjoy reading about and seeing lots of pictures of all of us :)

      Delete
  2. I'm so happy for you! I've always pictured you as the blogger type. ;) I took an online HTML/CSS course last year (forgot everything already). It's fun to learn, but definitely trial and error. Anyway, I look forward to your future posts and watching how your blog transforms.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I call this the perfect accessory for you Sarah, this totally suits you and I know you are going to run with it! BTW - a shout out to Rosie... sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete